effective date 22nd May 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example).
WHY WE NEED YOU INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle refunds or disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services, marketing our goods and services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
- We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We store some information, such as order details and contacts we have collected at events or online in paper books, this is kept safely in a locked building, except for when it is used to record sales at events. When at events it is kept out of sight and we do not leave it at other venues overnight. Information stored on our personal computer (such as accounting information and email accounts) is password protected. Information stored on our mobile phone such as email accounts is also password protected.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as payment processing facilities, delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- We do not sell, or otherwise pass on information to marketing lists or other third parties that are not related to the processing of your order or the running of my business.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Our store is hosted on Squarepace. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Squarepace’s data storage, databases and the general Squarespace application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Our website is also protected by SSL encryption.
Tracking and analytics;
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Our website uses the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. If you are younger than this age, please consult your legal guardians.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store (hosted by Squarespace) and its service providers.
The payment processors we work with are:
Royal mail is generally used to deliver orders.
Email services we use are:
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If the information about you is transferred outside of the EEA, I rely on the Privacy Shield agreements to maintain data protection standards.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, We will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at or by mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Alternatively, you may mail us at: 3 Longford Lane, Longford, Derbyshire, DE6 3DT